Naan is the perfect way to introduce you and your family to the Indian cuisine.…
GF S’mores Cake Made From Scratch Recipe
I am obsessed with a chocolate cake that also tastes identical to the best dessert known to man. Campfire s’mores plus chocolate cake equals ambrosial goodness. I have no idea why this dessert has not been on the covers of more food magazines. This delectable dessert is chewy, and it tastes like fudge. Why doesn’t Food Network or Bón Appetite cook up this cake but add tahini or orange zest? P.S. You can do that.
An s’mores cake is a basic chocolate cake mandatory toppings such as marshmallow fluff icing and graham cracker crumbles. There are optional garnishes you may add: Oreos, whole Hershey bars, cake crumbles, mini marshmallows or chocolate ganache. According to dictionary.com, a cake is
Spring is almost upon us which is crazy! It also means you may or may not want to add springtime scents to your desserts. The reasons orange flavor merges with chocolate flavoring is that:
- The ph of an orange ranges from 3.3 to 4.9, which on an acid/base table, anything with a ph of 5 or below is considered an acid.
- The ph of chocolate powder ranges from 5.3-5.8, which means that it is a base.
Acids and base mix quite well together if used in the correct quantities.
After spending countless hours surfing the realm of Pinterest in search for the perfect simple cake, I discovered the chocolate cake base for this recipe on Rose Bakes. Rose’s primary goal for her blog is to “help other bakers and cake decorators be as good as they can be.” Trust me. She does indeed help you be as good as you possibly can. Once I read through her recipe, I started gathering my ingredients and began mixing everything.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! I know I did.
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1 13 oz contain of marshmallow fluff
- 1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill 1-for-1 gluten-free baking flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" by 13" glass cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt until slightly combined.
3. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
4. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
5. Beat for two minutes at medium speed.
6. Stir in the boiling water.
7. Pour into the cake pan and insert into the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cooling for a 10 minutes before removing from pan. Flip onto a wire rack and allow to completely cool before frosting.
1. Using the entire container of marshmallow fluff, cover the entire top of the cake.
2. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbles and other toppings on top of the marshmallow fluff.